Contrary to popular belief, oﬀ season in the islands oﬀers a unique opportunity for sellers to have their home on the market. If you want to sell your home, but it is currently not on the market, you might consider the following:
- We have learned from years of experience that buyers looking for homes in the San Juans during the oﬀ season are both educated and serious. They have done their research and are ready to buy, in many cases so they can personalize their new home for use in Spring and Summer.
- While interest rates may be in ﬂux, we continue to experience historic lows aﬀording many buyers increased spending power. Cash buyers are also prevalent at this time of year.
- There is less competition in the oﬀ season. The less supply, the higher the demand. Take advantage of lower inventory.
- Oﬀ season may be a bit slower, but this can also be interpreted to mean title companies, appraisers, home inspectors, and other real estate related trades are more available which helps to expedite the process.
- It is all about timing. Sell when homes are in demand and buy while interest rates are low. This is the sweet spot!
- Move on! Consider your carrying costs through the oﬀ season – mortgage payments, insurance, taxes, maintenance, and more. Is it really worth the wait?
Don’t get caught up in old assumptions! Let us put our local knowledge to work for you!
We don’t stop marketing our properties during the off season. Below are some examples of our Fall/Winter Marketing campaign. Contact us to make sure your property is included!
Seattle Boat Show
Windermere San Juan Island annually has a booth at the Seattle Boat Show at the CenturyLink Exhibition Hall with an average attendance of 53,000 people. Our booth features large photo boards of our property listings, our annually printed catalogs, electronic photo listing rotations, and our exclusive Greg King & Company Shoreside Home Collection brochure.
Exclusive Shoreside Home Collection Brochure
Greg King & Company’s listing brochure is distributed in both print and online to a variety of audiences throughout the US and Canada as well as at our Windermere booth at the Seattle Boat Show.
Greg King & Company reaches thousands of people nationwide with our targeted social media posts featuring new listing announcements, property videos, open houses and more!
Don’t miss Greg King & Company listings in publications including Alaska Beyond, Kenmore Air’s Explore: NW magazine, Puget Sound Business Journal, and Windermere Lifestyles magazine.